June 20, 2016
The AIA+2030 Professional Series 2.0 will premiere at Build Pittsburgh 2016. AIA Pittsburgh’s Committee on the Environment (COTE) created the program to help design professionals create buildings that meet the ambitious energy efficiency goals of the Architecture 2030 Challenge.® Ten 4-hour sessions offer strategies to seek, design, deliver, and manage buildings that reach 70% or better reductions in fossil fuel greenhouse gas emissions, giving design professionals, contractors, and owners the knowledge and leverage to demand and create next-generation, super-efficient buildings and providing firms with the skills that will set them apart in the marketplace.
Take it for the first time or come back for more! With 2.0, COTE builds on its highly successful 2013-14 series by incorporating a broader pool of speakers, more local case studies, and in-depth tours of high-performing built projects. Content derived from the GBA 2030 Districts and Architecture 2030 videos will deepen the programming. The series will also delve in-depth into the significant changes the industry has seen in the last few years, such as the use of analytical software to predict building energy performance. The updated program will strike a rich balance between new construction and renovation, residential and commercial, theoretical and completed, and urban and rural project types.
Earn 4 AIA/CES LU/HSW hours and 4 GBCI CEUs per session!
GBCI CEUs provided through the Green Building Alliance.
Learn more: The 2030 Challenge: An Opportunity for Impact
The series schedule, at a glance:
- The 2030 Challenge: Setting + Achieving Energy Goals with Integrated Design
Thursday, April 21, 1:30-5:30 p.m. – Build Pittsburgh 2016, DLCC
- Getting to 60: The Power of Targets + Load Reduction
Tuesday, May 17, 4:30-8:30 p.m.
- Accentuate the Positive: Climate Responsive Design
Tuesday, June 21, 4:30-8:30p.m.
- Skins: The Importance of the Thermal Envelope
Tuesday, September 20, 4:30-8:30 p.m.
- Aggressively Passive: Employing Passive Systems for Load Reduction
Tuesday, October 18, 4:30-8:30 p.m.
- Illuminating Savings: Daylighting and Integrated Lighting Strategies
Tuesday, November 15, 4:30-8:30 p.m.
- Right-sized: Equipment and Controls for Super-Efficient Building system
Tuesday, January 17, 4:30-8:30 p.m.
- Site Power: Renewable Energy Opportunities
Tuesday, February 21, 4:30-8:30 p.m.
- The Hand-off + Staying in Shape: Operations, Maintenance + Education
Tuesday, March 21, 4:30-8:30 p.m.
- Putting It All Together: Achieving 2030 Goals on the Project and at the Office
Date to be determined. 4:30-8:30 p.m.
Pricing and registration options coming soon.
A light supper will be included.
Attendees of the first session, offered at Build Pittsburgh 2016, will receive a 10% discount on the complete series.